- What members can do to help
- Seven Seventeen online security
- How to limit solicitations from Seven Seventeen Credit Union
- How to stop receiving emailed information or Telemarketing calls
- How to stop receiving emailed offers
- How to stop receiving the Seven Seventeen eNews newsletter
What Members Can Do to Help
Seven Seventeen Credit Union is committed to protecting the privacy of its members. Members can help by following these simple guidelines:
Seven Seventeen Online Security
- Protect your account numbers, plastic card numbers, PINs (personal identification numbers) or passwords. Never keep your PIN with your card, which can provide free access to your accounts if your card is lost or stolen.
- Use caution when disclosing your account numbers, social security numbers, etc. to other persons. If someone calls you explaining the call is on behalf of the Credit Union and asks for your account number, you should beware. Official Credit Union staff will have access to your information and will not need to ask for it.
- Keep your information with us current. If your address or phone number changes, please let us know. It is important that we have current information on how to reach you. If we detect potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity or use of an account, we will attempt to contact you immediately.
- Let us know if you have questions. Please do not hesitate to call us — we are here to serve you!
At Seven Seventeen Credit Union, the privacy of our members is a high priority. Any confidential information provided to us through our interactive web site or during the normal course of business will remain confidential and be used solely by the credit union and its affiliates. Personal data will not be sold or given to any unaffiliated third party for their independent use, unless required by law. Seven Seventeen will protect the personal information of its members by maintaining strong security controls to ensure that member information in our files, on computers and on the Internet are protected both online and off-line. We utilize data encryption to guard against unauthorized access to personal records and to help ensure the accuracy of communications and transactions. Seven Seventeen will partner only with businesses that follow strict confidentiality requirements and offer products designed to enhance the well-being of our members.
How to limit solicitations from Seven Seventeen Credit Union:
While most of our members appreciate hearing about our offerings, we will honor your request to remove your name from solicitation lists. If you would like to have your name removed, here are two options:
- How to stop receiving mailed information on our products and/or telemarketing calls from Seven Seventeen:
These requests are added to our “Do Not Call or Mail” file. However, you will still continue to receive promotional information in your account statements and on the eStatement web page; or
- email – Please submit a “no-solicitation” request with your name, address and social security number via email.
- Phone – Please call Seven Seventeen Credit Union at 330-372-8100, 330-726-0344, 330-677-0001, 330-492-1106, or 800-775-7741; or
- Letter – Please submit a “no-solicitation” request in writing to:
Seven Seventeen Credit Union
Attention Account Administration
3181 Larchmont Ave. NE
Warren, OH 44483
Please include your name, address and social security number.
- How to stop receiving email offers:
If you do not wish to receive email from Seven Seventeen Credit Union, please send an email to us, asking to be taken off the email solicitation list.
- How to stop receiving the Seven Seventeen eNews newsletter:
If you no longer wish to receive our email newsletter, please click on the “opt-out” link at the bottom of the next newsletter that you receive.